Sunday, May 27, 2012

SURPRISE!

     So, since I still haven't gotten my period since I stopped taking my pills, I decided to take a pregnancy test.  When the faintest pink line showed up I thought there must be some kind of mistake.  So I took another one.
The lines don't photograph very well.

     So I went back to my parent's house and welcomed them home.  I made dinner and pretty much went on with my evening as usual.  When we had a moment alone, I casually dropped some hints to Brad.  When he realized I wasn't kidding we agreed that we would call the doctor and get her opinion.  Nothing to freak out about quite yet.
     Today I decided to buy a different brand of test just so I could be sure it wasn't just something wrong with the tests I had used already.  To make a long story short, here's what I wound up with:
I think 2 and 3 show up the best in the pictures.
     So here I am, in total shock with not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR positive pregnancy tests.  We've told a few close friends, but our families are int he dark until we see the doctor.
     The hardest part about all of this is that it feels impossible to believe.  Even though there's line after line, I feel like this must be some sort of joke.  I can't ACTUALLY be pregnant, can I? With all the women who spend months or even years trying, can I really be pregnant when I've only been off my pills for a little over a month?  Is there really a tiny human being in my tummy?  My head is spinning and I don't think I'll settle into the idea until the doctor confirms it.  But I'm gonna try my best to believe it when I say I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment