Monday, June 4, 2012

My Latest Hobby: The Balcony Garden

     I'll preface this post by warning anyone who actually reads it that this has nothing to do with the usual theme of my blog, with the exception that my interest in gardening was initiated by my desire to garden for my family in the future.
     When my parents got home from vacation they gave us a bunch of plastic pots, some potting soil, several African violets, and a distressed aloe vera plant. We had to carefully separate the aloe into several different pots because it was so over grown.
There's more but that's all that would fit int he frame.
The smallest pot is sage that hasn't sprouted yet.
     A couple days later we bought some more starter kits from the drug store and some extra seeds. 
Basil, catnip, and mint.

Tiny tomato sprouts.

     So, our balcony garden is well under way.  Next I hope to add lavender and  rosemary.  Any tips?
    XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment