Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

     I don't have much to update.  Still no baby. Still trying.  Still gardening.  Just passing time and waiting for nature to take its course.
     The only new development is that my mom asked me today if we were trying to have a baby and when I told her we were considering it (okay, so I fibbed a little bit) she was totally okay with it.  She did say she hoped we would get married first.  When I told her we'd talked about that too she went into full-blown wedding planning mode.  I was surprised that she was so supportive.  My parents have always encouraged me to wait to get married and have kids.  My mom was 34 and my dad was 39 when they had me and they always said that was perfect.  My mom also always told me I better not even think about getting married before 28. Being their only child, I've always felt that I'm still a kid in their eyes.  It means a lot to me that my mom understands that even though I might make choices they don't agree with they know that I can make the right choices for my life.  Having her support and knowing I can talk to her about all the changes in my life is a huge relief.
     XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment